Contact: Sam Macvie at email@example.com
We are a new group founded in 2023 covering VC38 Warwickshire. The group will mainly complete monthly field meetings from Autumn to early Spring; these meetings will be aimed at helping beginners learn how to identify different bryophytes, as well as to improve the coverage of bryophyte records in Warwickshire.
If you would like to be kept informed of forthcoming events, join the mailing list by emailing Sam above. Please also email Sam if you intend to join any meetings so he knows who to expect on the day.
- Suitable footwear and clothing for the site and weather conditions.
- A packed lunch and drink.
- Hand lens (if you do not have a hand lens, the group does own spares you may borrow for the day).
Other useful equipment:
- Mosses and Liverworts of Britain and Ireland – a field guide. The BBS’s own field guide, most keying out of species on meetings will be done using the keys in this book; it can be purchased from the BBS here. If you have any other field guides, such as A Field Guide to Bryophytes by Dominic Price, you are welcome to bring these also.
- Folded packets/small storage boxes/envelopes for taking bryophytes home for further examination.
- Spray bottle – bryophytes are often best identified and seen wet, which a spray bottle can help with.
- Notepad and pencil for anything you learn or see in the field and may want to remember for later.